HISTORICAL RESEARCH SERVICES

Parish Registers of the "Ev.-luth. Kirche Oldenburg"
Church district Jever

Please note that the parishes listed below belonged to the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg only from 1818 on. Before this year they belonged either to the Erbherrschaft Jever or to the Herrlichkeit Knyphausen (Accum, Fedderwarden and Sengwarden). For brief remarks about Knyphausen see Knyphausen-Schloß.
Some very short remarks about the history of the Jeverland (Erbherrschaft Jever) can be found right here: While it was Oldenburg territory until 1667, Jever was an exclave of the Principality of Anhalt-Zerbst (Zerbst is a city near Dessau in the Federal state of Sachsen-Anhalt today) from 1667-1793. From 1793 to 1806 Jeverland was part of the Russian Empire (!) because Katharina II. of Russia, a Zerbst Princess orginially, was the sucessor! In 1806 the Jeverland was occupied by Holland, soon later by France. Like whole North-West Germany, it was part of the French Empire from 1811 to 1813. In 1813 it became part of Russia again and only in 1818 it was added to the territory of the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg.

Parish

Baptism

Marriage

Burial

Remarks

Accum*
* Please note that Accum, the only old Ev.-Reformed parish in the Oldenburg region, belonges to the church
"Ev.-Lutherische Kirche in Oldenburg" today, although the confession is different.

1667-

1667-

1667-

The Accum parish was as well attended by the reformed inhabitants of the parishes around, in 1862 these "foreign parish" members were 144 people from Fedder-
warden and Sengwarden and 227 people from other parishes of the Jeverland

The parish registers of 1800/1801-1856 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

(missed Nov 1701-Feb 1703)
Extra register for illegitimate births 1652-1774 and 1778-1801

(missed August 1701-March 1704)

(missed Dec 1701-Aug 1712)

 

Cleverns

1632-

1632-

1632-

 

The Cleverns marriage registers of June 1811-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

(missed Feb 1647-March 1648)

(missed Aug 1644-March 1648)

 

 

Fedderwarden

1665-

1665-

1665-

 

 

(missed April 1671-Jan 1677)

(missed Dec 1670-Jan 1677)

(missed April 1671-Dec 1676)

 

Hohenkirchen

1648-

1647-

1735-

 

The Hohenkirchen burial registers of June 1823/1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

 

 

 

 

Knyphausen-Schloß

1745-1763

1750-1762

1749-1763

Knyphausen was a sovereign "Herrlichkeit" (including Sengwarden, Fedderwarden and Accum) which was ruled by the Grafen von Aldenburg (1667 - 1733) and the Grafen von Bentinck (1733 - 1806/1818), respectively. These Grafen had a castle in Knyphausen, Accum parish, for which there was an extra parish register recorded between 1745 and 1763. Entries before 1745 and after 1763 can be found in the Accum parish registers.
From 1825 to 1854, the "Herrlichkeit" Knyphausen was a semi-sovereign "Herrlichkeit" under Oldenburg rule, from 1854 on it was under undivided Oldenburg rule. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jever

1591-

1635-

1635-

 

The Jever baptismal registers of 1809-1824 and the burial registers of May 1811-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

(missed Jan 1600-Nov 1605, 1613-1618)

 

 

 

Middoge

1700-

1700-

1772-

 

The Middoge parish registers of 1800-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

(missed Aug 1723-Oct 1749)

(missed Nov 1712-Oct 1715)

 

 

Minsen

1661-

1667-

1667-

 

The Minsen parish registers of 1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

Extra register for illegitimate births 1709-1724

(missed Dec 1691-May 1694, Dec 1700-Dec 1703 and from July 1706-1823)

 

 

Oldorf

1640-

1640-

1640-

 

 

 

(missed Dec 1773-April 1775, July 1783-March 1786, Dec 1810-March 1813)

 

 

Pakens

1632-

1636-

1634-

Including Hooksiel

The Pakens parish registers of 1801-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

 

(missed March 1637-Aug 1640)

 

 

Sande

1652-

1654-

1653-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandel

1671-

1671-

1671-

 

The Sandel parish registers of late 1812-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

The pages for 1671-1676 are badly demaged (missed 1677)

The pages for 1671-1676 are badly demaged (missed 1677-May 1679, June 1702-March 1705)

The pages for 1671-1676 are badly demaged (missed 1677-Oct 1678)
(not complete 1696-1699)

 

St. Joost

1658-

1658-

1658-

 

The St.Joost parish registers of 1811-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

 

(missed June 1690-Oct 1702)

(not complete 1699-1705)

 

Schortens

1685-

1685-

1685-

 

The Schortens parish registers of May 1811-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

 

 

 

 

Sengwarden

1644-

1635-

1644-

 

The Sengwarden parish registers of 1811/1812-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

 

 

 

 

Sillenstede

1620-

1620-

1635-

 

 

(missed Oct 1701-Januar 1721)
for 1721-1746 there is only a handwritten copy preserved

(missed July 1648-March 1650, Nov 1652-Dec 1653)
for 1730-1746 there is only a handwritten copy preserved

(missed July 1642-1671, there were only one entry for 1669 and two entries for 1671 recorded)
for 1727-April 1743 there is only a handwritten copy preserved

 

Tettens

1676-

1676-

1676-

 

 

(missed Feb 1697-Aug 1697, Jan 1698-June 1698)

(missed 1797-1799)

(missed Oct May 1796-1799)

 

Waddewarden

1659-

1681-

1681-

From July/August 1800-1816 on there was an extra parish register recorded for a second parish in Waddewarden ("zweite Pastorei")

 

 

 

 

 

Wangerooge

Dec 1655-

1656-

Dec 1655-

 

The Wangerooge parish registers of 1816/1817-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

for 1738-June 1744 there is only a handwritten copy preserved

(missed Oct 1772-July 1776, Jan 1795-June 1797)
(not complete 1718)

 

 

Westrum

1678-

1678-

1677-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wiarden

1631-

1632-

1631-

 

 

 

(missed July 1651-Dec 1660)
the entries for Jan-Nov 1660 were added later

 

 

Wiefels

1637-

1637-

1637-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wüppels

1650-

1650-

1650-

 

The Wüppels parish registers of 1812-1824 are only accessable at the parish itself, not at the Oldenburg archives

(missed 1686-1694, 1696-1697, March 1698-July 1699)

(missed 1686-1699, 1722-1723)

(missed 1686-1699)

 

For complete information about my research assistance, just click here and return to the homepage of the

HISTORICAL RESEARCH SERVICES
Jens Müller-Koppe
hrs@hist.de
Oslebshauser Heerstr. 147
D - 28329 Bremen
phone: +49-421-577 80 20